Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Have you ever felt invisible?

Have you ever felt invisible?
I can honestly say I have felt invisible. I may be an outgoing person and really friendly but their are times in life where I have felt that know one heard me or saw me. A youth space like youth in action is definetly an anitdote to invisibility because it is a safe place. Within this safe place I everyone is seen and heard because everyone in the space has a respect for one another. 





Do Hobson or Nayyrah Waheed help you think about visibility in any new ways?  

I really enjoyed Hobson's TED TALK because she talked about a subjuct that makes individuals feel really uncomfortable talking about. Hobson made me think in visibility in a new way because as a white individual I have never felt invisible because of the color of my skin. I can honestly say that I have judged someone based off of the color of their skin. I am not proud of that and ever since coming to college and taking my social work and youth development courses I have learned a lot about diversity and how I can't be color blind. I really enjoyed how Hobson said instead of being color blind we need to be color brave. In my career and personal life my goal is to be color brave and not color blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment